Low fat chocolate recipes chocolate ice cream sandwiches cookie sheet, repeatChocolate Mock Ice Cream Sandwiches
When watching your weight, try not to completely take away your comfort foods. Depriving yourself of your favorite foods or sweets might lead to binge eating when finally giving in to the craving. Instead, indulge in one of these guiltless pleasures. If you prefer not to have chocolate ice cream sandwiches, substitue the chocolate grahams with plain grahams, honey grahams or cinnamon sugar grahams. The cinnamon sugar grahams make a really interesting sandwich, though it does up the calorie and possibly the point count up a bit! These are extremely low in points if you are following a diet with a point system; look it up or ask your counselor for the exact count.
* 1 box chocolate graham crackers, thawed in refrigerator, if frozen
* 1 large tub low fat, fat free or sugar free whipped topping (any flavor desired)
* 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
* Sugar free or fat free instant hot chocolate drink powder (optional)
1. On parchment paper line up 10 graham crackers.
2. Spread 3 Tablespoons whipped topping on each cracker.
3. Top each with another graham cracker.
4. Put those ten sandwiches in the freezer on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet until frozen, then put them in a zippered bag with parchment between each one.
5. While they are freezing on the cookie sheet, repeat with next batch of crackers and topping until finished.
For chocolate filling, add sugar free, low fat or fat free hot chocolate drink powder in the topping until desired chocolate taste is achieved.
For added sweetness, dust the top of the finished sandwiches, before freezing with cocoa, powdered sugar or sugar substitute.
Linda Talbott Brewer is the Nashville Comfort Food Examiner for Examiner.com, Nashville.
Linda will be writing many more recipes for ezine as well as for examiner Nashville. Check back often for food adventures, food oddities, comfort foods, healthy comfort food makeovers and food histories.